Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4C Aftermarket Cab Question

CatofAmerica ยท 2015-11-16 15:39

Hello everyone, I have a Cat D4C with rippers with 4400 hours verified. I have currently started looking for aftermarket cabs. I live in Texas so it will get insanely hot and pretty chilly with the wind we get around here during winter. My problem is that I have contacted a couple different companies that produce aftermarket cabs. They are wanting around $8,000 USD for a Heat/Air cab. To me, this seems pretty high considering my dozer is only worth around 25k+/-. Last winter when I was digging a pond I took some of the plastic wrap from our machine shop and stretched it once around the cab and it blocked most the wind. This actually made it pretty comfortable considering. Are there any companies that would be good to call, or any general solution/thoughts you guys might have?

Replies4
  1. #1mowingman2015-11-16 20:00

    Have you checked with Kenco Mfg. in Atoka, Ok.? I had them build and install several cabs with A/C units back in the mid 90's, and they did a very good job. They might be a little pricey though.

  2. #2CatofAmerica2015-11-16 20:14

    No I have not, just sent a email though. I have checked with diamond mfg. I am more looking for a low cost option because I don't see it feasible to spend 40% of machines worth on a cab. A soft side vinyl would work for winter but not during summer. I will go with vinyl if I can't find anything else.

  3. #3mowingman2015-11-16 22:37

    Also, try Rays Used Equipment, in Nocona. They might have one they parting ou,t that has a cab that will fit your machine.

  4. #4caterpillar132015-11-16 23:18

    you might try some wreaking yards around eastern washington \oregon \idaho ,they put after market cabs on ag cats d2 d4 d6 . i dont have any names but some one might , or other ideas . shipping or a road trip might save you a bundle .