Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4C Series II

LRSR ยท 2021-04-30 20:03

hello all, I'm working on a Cat D4C Series II with serial 7KG0. I'm looking for a service manual and was hoping someone here could help me find one. I can find lots with 7KG1 are they close to the same thing or should i keep looking.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2021-04-30 21:26

    "7KG1-Up" is Cat shorthand for 7KG00001-Up (first built in other words), so yes they will be suitable for your machine. The appropriate Service Manual is Caterpillar publication reference SENR3540. That might give you a few more leads. FYI a brand-new manual on CD is priced at $540, a paper version is $980. Here's one on eBay. A bonus is that it contains an Operation & Maintenance manual which sells separately for around $50. https://www.ebay.com/p/1833565129

  2. #2LRSR2021-05-01 10:35

    Thanks, Nige This is my first dive into major repair on construction equip. I mainly stick with ag equipment.

  3. #3Nige2021-05-01 10:48

    If you don't take the plunge with a full-blown Service Manual you should at least get an O&M Manual. They can be downloaded from Cat for $50. Publication reference is SEBU6373.

  4. #4LRSR2021-05-01 11:23

    well its not my machine it supposedly has a "blew up" engine. its been sitting at another garage for at least 7 years so the owner came to me. like I said I usually only work on farm equipment but this guy is a good customer soooo ya know.

  5. #5Nige2021-05-01 12:40

    Right, gotcha. The impression was it was your machine.