Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4C Series III Electrical Schematic

d9gdon ยท 2018-08-12 10:28

Would someone please post an electrical schematic for a D4C Series III SN 6YL2167? I have no power at the hour meter. I've had trouble with corroded wiring connectors on the alternator side, so I have a feeling that is also my trouble here. I need to rewire my backup alarm and lights as well.

Replies6
  1. #1kshansen2018-08-12 10:44

    Here's what I see on SIS:

  2. #2d9gdon2018-08-12 11:24

    Thank you for that information. I see the problem already...same plug where the alternator wire was corroded.

  3. #3d9gdon2018-08-13 16:43

    Nope that wasn't it. I have no power coming from the alternator on the green 403 wire that goes to the hour meter. I did unplug the harness from the alternator and jumped power to the green wire and the hour meter does work, but if I plug it into the alternator I get no power on the green wire. I have battery power on the purple wire there and then I get voltage on the yellow wire when I crank it but none on the green wire. The yellow wire goes to the charging light which was burnt out but I replaced it and it works now. I just replaced that alternator with a Cat reman last Saturday. Hour meter wasn't working before that either. There's a connector that the yellow wire runs through...I have power on both sides of it with a digital volt meter, but not with a test light. However, I think that's because I'm providing a ground to the lamp when I use the test light which energizes the lamp circuit. I think that yellow wire is a neutral from the alternator except when running which energizes it and makes the lamp go out. So I don't think a test light will tell me anything since it acts both ways. I have checked output on the green wire with the engine running with both the DVM and the test light and get nothing.

  4. #4Cmark2018-08-13 18:44

    Is it charging OK? What voltage are you getting at the B+ terminal when running? You may need to excite the alternator.

  5. #5d9gdon2018-08-13 20:07

    I'm getting 13.8-14.5v at the alternator wire and at the battery.

  6. #6jwest758012018-08-14 11:38

    You probably have a broken prong on one of harness connectors I have had this problem several times.