Just got a d4g The hour meter runs all the time, 24 hrs a day. It only stops if I turn off all power with the disconnect key The oil pressure gauge also does not work I think these are tied together from reading earlier threads Several cats tech tell me its the ecm an it needs updating They say the ecm will show the same number of hours as the hour meter I would like to confirm the correct hours on the dozer and reset the
How about posting a Serial Number.?
I just bought it and it will be delivered tomorrow Ill post the SN as soon as I get it Thanks
TLX01002
I’ll have a look at the electrical schematic and get back to you.
Nige will verify but if memory serves the alternator is ran off the r termanil od the alternator. As for the oil pressure gauge the sender is probably bad. Ground the wire to see if the gauge jumps. The exm hours should be the the same as the meter. Key word should if the ecm is know to be the original to the machine those are the hours that i would say is correct
I don't think the two faults are tied together. The engine oil pressure sender circuit is totally independent and only feeds the oil pressure gauge from a sender mounted on the engine. It doesn't tie in with any other circuit as far as I can see. As Tyler mentioned above try disconnecting the 464 Grey wire at the oil pressure sender and ground it to the engine block. If the gauge immediately jumps to full scale then the oil pressure sender would appear to be bad. Wire 403 Green from the alternator R terminal goes in three different directions. 1. ECM Pin14 of connector J2. 2. Hour meter. 3. Product Link box (which I don't think you have installed). I would suggest first to disconnect the 403-GN wire at the alternator R terminal and check if the terminal is powered with the engine stopped and the key off. If it is then I suggest that you have a bad alternator. Because the alternator R terminal is an input to the Machine ECM I suspect that the Diagnostic Clock hours in that box will be reading the same as the hour meter on the dash.
Thanks, I’ll start today with your advice and let you know what I find. The fellow I bought it from put on a new alternator a while back so that sounds suspicious.
I'll send you an electrical schematic. Keep an eye on your message inbox.
Got it As always thanks for your help
If it was a cheapo aftermarket alternator i will not be suprised it it is a pile of junk. Been down that road a few times