TLX 01002 D4G Where is the transmission temperature sensor and how do you test it for proper function I haven't run the machine much but I see the fluid level come up in the sight gauge when its warmed up. I dont see the temperature gauge move very much Thanks ahead
Because this machine has a hydrostatic transmission and only one oil tank the "transmission" temperature sender is actually listed as the hydraulic oil temperature sender. It's located on the front side of the hydraulic tank, right side of the machine. See the illustration below which is looking towards the rear of the machine. A single yellow wire goes to the sender. First, with the key ON, disconnect the wire and touch it to a good ground connection somewhere. The temperature gauge should go to full scale. That is a test of the wiring and the gauge. The resistance of the sender measured between the terminal on the end and the sender body should be between 560-715 ohms @ 130°F and between 72-82 ohms @ 230°F.
I just removed the yellow wire, turned the key and see fuel gauge move up Grounded yellow wire, no movement on hyd temp gauge I guess next move is remove panel and check from the gauge end?
Next test would be to test that the yellow wire has continuity between the sender and the gauge. Leave the yellow wire disconnected at the tank end, and also disconnect it at the gauge end. Use a test light connected to batt+ and connect one end of the yellow wire (deosn't matter which) to machine frame ground. Connect the test light to the other end of the wire. Does it light up.? Note: The yellow wire goes through at lreast two main wiring harness connectors between the sender on the hydraulic tank and the temperature gauge.
I removed the instrument panel, i found the 3 wire connector to the hyd temp gauge was not connected. I went back to step 1 Turned key on, grounded yellow wire to sensor The gauge jumped as you predicted I cleaned the connections and plugged the connector back to the gauge When i turn the ignition key on the gauge jumps and goes back to a low temp I guess I will know if the sensor works when i run the machine until the hyd fluid heats up Thanks ahead again