Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4GLGP TRACK ADJUSTMENT

rockbottom ยท 2025-11-28 14:26

Im looking in the Cat operation and adjustment manual it says to lay a straight edge between the carrier roller and the front idler. Then it says to measure the distance from the straight edge to the gouger tip at the lowest point. Thats 2 measurements Then it says to total those 2 measurements And the target is 2.36" I guess I was always running loose tracks because I would always tighten up the track until both measurements were 2.36 " This procedure reads each low point should be 1/2 of 2.36" which is 1.18 Am I misunderstanding what im reading? Thanks ahead

Replies2
  1. #1pittsburgh cat man2025-11-28 14:44

    I can only remember doing the front measurement We used a string with a couple nuts on the ends. But I also remember it used to say about packing in the track IE mud packed in the rails and to adjust when they were loaded up

  2. #2Welder Dave2025-11-28 17:15

    Even in the older Cat brochures on undercarriage it says to just measure from the carrier to front idler for about 2" slack after letting the machine coast to a stop. It does say to adjust tension for the conditions.