Catparts online does not show the blade cylinders or blade group, so does anybody have the part numbers for the cylinder end bearings? I need to rebuild at least three ends. The angling cylinder ends that are attached to the c-frame are completely gone, I also noticed one on the tilt cylinder is cracked and needs to be replaced. I also need to rebuild one of the cylinders, so a part number for that kit would be great. The serial number is 9DB01218.
Looking in SIS, they do show the cylinder groups and the blade groups, its a little tricky to navigate but remember that CAT always processes the machine by parts group. The tilt cylinder assembly shows to be a 4T-1543 which shows to sub to a 1U-2569.
1U-2569 goes to 1U-2568. Seal kit for 1U-2568 is a 240-8523.
Well, trying to remove the bearings from the angle cylinders is a bigger job than I thought, any good sources for replacement cylinders? Cat thinks very highly of these cylinders.
Usually if you run a ring of weld around the inside diameter of the bearing and allow it to cool it will shrink it far enough for it to be driven out. You'll have to bust the self-alinging part out first with a sledgehammer. Be careful, it will shatter like glass when it does go and bits will likely fly everywhere.