I was going to put a set of pins and bushings in and found out that the only company that offers pins and bushigns for these rails is CAT and they wanted 7-8k to put new pins and bushings in it, I bought a rail for 2400 with new pad bolts.... but i found out that i had more problems, the front idler carrier was destroyed here is a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_dmHsfgPo I just finished rebuilding that idle carrier yesterday, will post more video when I get time...... here's my wore out rail http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqlCjvZXB4k and for everyone who has been mislead by the track shops, here is the track adjuster, very simple to put new seals in.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjmDl2G_AEs comment, critize, tell me what i'm doing wrong or whatever you want to do, i am just trying to spread the little bit of knowledge that i have around......
Great Video's Brady - - I will be replacing the right rear idler on my 1992 D4H Series II, the previous owner used a welder to build it up, but it still seems to be worn so much that the back of the shoes will scrub against the track guides, however the sprockets and rails seem to be in good shape , so no doubt I will be down loading your videos, and picking up a shop manual if I can find one for it at a reasonable price. keep the videos coming
Good videos. Where did you buy your parts from? I have a d4h series III and just wondered in case I ever have to replace anything. My uncle just told me about a place he used to work at called Heavyquip. I looked at their website but couldn't find anything for the d4.
Good job on the videos. Hope to see more soon.
RNI-- try going to eBay and looking for Dealers- there are many out there who advertise new aftermarket supplies, just type in CATERPILLAR UNDERCARRIAGE. There are many dealers out there, Heavyquip will sell direct, prices are higher. You are better off going thru a dealer who gets discount pricing if you are going that route.