Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4H Service Manual

354d ยท 2019-11-01 10:19

I have a new to me Cat D4H, serial number 8PB01747 dozer. I have purchased the Operational and Maintenance Manual from my local Cat dealer. After reading numerous posts about the value of service manuals I have decided to buy a service manual from the Cat dealer, or the Service Manual Pro website. I will probably buy the CD, and print what I need. My question to the forum is, should I buy the Parts Manual too? Is the parts manual on cd better than the parts listing on the Cat website? I think the website is somewhat cumbersome, but usable. Problems I am working on: 1. Diagnostic panel worked one time. It does not function now. 2. Transmission lock lever does not function. 3. I have a leak that becomes apparent after about an hour of use. I think it is power train oil. the leak is near the split between the two skid plates under the dozer. I have learned a lot from the other posts on this website. Thank you all. Carr

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2019-11-01 11:35

    If it was mine I'd downoad the Parts Manual as well, although I'm not sure what you mean by "the parts listing on the Cat website? I think the website is somewhat cumbersome, but usable" . Are you talking about Cat Parts online website or the Service Information System.? - https://sis.cat.com/ SIS contains all the info you'd ever need regarding O&M, Parts, & Service Manual rolled into one. However to get into it you need your local dealer to set you up with access, and that may come at a price............. If you're looking for a Service Manual try the online marketplaces for Cat Publication reference SENR5290. You can download the pdf version of the Parts manual for $89 from Cat Publications - https://catpublications.com/ Click on "Continue as Guest" Type SEBP1538 in the box and click the Search button. You should see the illustration below. It covers machines up to 8PB04000.

  2. #2excavator2019-11-01 11:43

    You might try EBAY for your service manual. I just bought a D7H manual for $110.00.

  3. #3354d2019-11-01 12:45

    Nuge wrote- If it was mine I'd download the Parts Manual as well, although I'm not sure what you mean by "the parts listing on the Cat website? I think the website is somewhat cumbersome, but usable" . Are you talking about Cat Parts online website or the Service Information System.? - https://sis.cat.com/ I was talking about the Cat Parts online website. I will contact my dealer to see if I can subscribe to the SIS. thanks, Carr