Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4h2 angle spool

dennis sanders ยท 2017-05-29 19:25

Is it possible to replace the blade angle spool without removing the unit from the machine...

Replies17
  1. #1Vetech632017-05-29 20:15

    My first question is way are you replacing the spool?

  2. #2dennis sanders2017-05-29 20:40

    It won't angle to the left without pulling back as to raise the blade and then twisting lever to the left...2 hand deal

  3. #3dennis sanders2017-05-29 20:44

    I looked at thd linkage and spool seems to be moving enough. ...I put a pry bar against the linkage at the spool and same result.right angle is slow.

  4. #4dennis sanders2017-05-29 20:47

    All other functions proper. ...ripper is fine so that seems to indicate pump is fine...

  5. #5dennis sanders2017-05-29 21:13

    I operate a 850g for a man and had a leak. ...pulled the valve body..had it rebuilt by a shop that mainly works on Case....put it back on and worked a couple of hrs and the blade just angling to which ever side was catching a load.....it would operate fine just wouldn't hold....so his mechInc pulled it and they fixed it.....never had valve body problems all the yrs I've been on dozers and backhoes....have had drifting problems with 40 series Deere farm tractors at the outlets due to metal melting in the seals....costly to rebuild since it a Deere or hydraulic shop job because of calabration.I've repacked my share of cylinders. ...I'm in uknown territory....I'm thinking I may have to pull the body and let the local shop rebuild it while bale hay.

  6. #6RZucker2017-05-29 21:32

    Disconnect linkage and try the pry bar again. If some bone head messed with the linkage. you need to rule that out. I once busted a local Cat service man on a 25K 992 loader because the dumbbutt didn't know how to check follow up linkage. He was going to pull the pump, control valve, and both steering cylinders... No! replace two 3/8" heim joints and readjust. Check the cheap stuff first.

  7. #7dennis sanders2017-05-29 23:56
  8. #8dennis sanders2017-05-30 00:09

    I'll check for excessive play tmm.....it does seem like the lever gets stiff when the angle spool is connected.....there is a part that the t bar attaches to that seems to have excessive play....it bolts to the metal plate that seperates the valve body compartment from the cab wall....I'll get a part number .....Thanks

  9. #9dennis sanders2017-05-31 02:30

    Didn't get to check things out. ..had to finsh a pond but right angle is acting up...I'm lost again....it will angle just have to find the right position of the t bar ...I'm leaning more to the linkage

  10. #10grandpa2017-05-31 20:23

    Keep us updated, Im curious.

  11. #11RZucker2017-05-31 20:36

    Does it hold the angle setting? To check for a cylinder issue, set the blade straight across and push against a stump or large rock with each end of the blade. If it holds... odds are the cylinders and valve are fine.

  12. #12dennis sanders2017-06-02 16:28

    It holds solid....I'm sure it's worn linkage....now it's both left and right....I can angle but takes 2 hands

  13. #13dennis sanders2017-06-02 16:35

    When I was checking this tractor out I had concerns with slow blade lift....now it normal but the angle problem. ....has me leaning more toward worn linkage issue.....hr meter is only showing 4200 hrs.....a bit low for a 90 yr model....but otherwise it's a tight machine....

  14. #14dennis sanders2017-06-02 16:41

    Had not been kept clean....lot of dirt. ...not my areas type of soil....more sand than we have....we have very little top soil and a lot of flint rock....

  15. #15RZucker2017-06-03 00:00

    Likely it's the bushing that the lever has to twist in to angle the blade. Could be full of dust or rust. Try flushing with WD-40 while twisting the handle... at worst it will have to be taken apart and cleaned out.

  16. #16dennis sanders2017-06-03 03:43

    Is the bushing in a housing that bolts to the plate between the spool compartment and cab?...seemed to have play there.

  17. #17dennis sanders2017-06-03 03:48

    I'm going to spray all the linkage....pivots....it's strange this just started with the left angle...now right...almost has to be linkage related.....