Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4KLGP

southernman13 · 2022-03-21 13:53

RRR0004** looking at buying this one. Has new cat bottom not system one but cat brand. 6k ish hrs. Very nice tractor. Are these good machines in general? Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1southernman132022-03-22 05:00

    Must not be very popular machine. No input at all

  2. #2CM19952022-03-22 09:27

    No experience with the K's but our 2004 D5G is a rock solid little dozer. Keep the voltage around 14.4 and it keeps pushing. There are K's running all over here. We skipped the K stage and bought a D3 which is the old D5K last year. It's a mighty fine dozer so far.

  3. #3southernman132022-03-22 17:33

    Ok cool thanks

  4. #4JD955SC2022-03-22 22:07

    The Ks/K2s from my point of view as a serviceman are very good dozers. Easy as pie to work on for the most part (worst thing is getting the sheet metal off), easy access to a lot of stuff when you pull bellypans and sheetmetal, and seem to be very reliable for our customers. They sell like hotcakes, especially in the D5K/D6K sizes.

  5. #5southernman132022-03-23 02:24

    Good info! I’d rather have a 6 but the 4 will work for us. It’s hard to be picky these days. Not much inventory lol.

  6. #6pp13bnos2022-03-23 09:29

    I have a 4k2. Overall its been a great machine. I haven't had any major issues with it, but I've only had it 2 years.

  7. #7southernman132022-03-23 09:41

    Cool deal

  8. #8southernman132022-03-23 09:42

    We’re gonna get it. Hopefully this week we’ll see