Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5 g pumps

hardrock ยท 2015-02-04 21:41

How can I tell if my hydraulic pump or pumps are starting to get weak. It is a hydra stat drive an when I am pushing it does fine but when I go to reverse I have to get off the throttle an back on to get it to take off, if not it will barley crawl off an then up to speed

Replies1
  1. #1Dickjr.2015-02-04 22:43

    I may be completely wrong , but I think it could be as simple as calibrating the machine. I think since it pushes well the drives should be ok. I have a Komatsu hydro machine , sometime worry about it taking a dump on me. I know this because I actually witnessed it, seen a 953C run to 14000 hrs with original pumps and drives. The guy at our local Komatsu dealer , mechanic that has been there a good while told me most hydro machines run way up in hrs he said 20k. He also said that the problem with them is not the units themselves but the modern day part changers. Hopefully it is simple as recalibrate.