Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5 (new model) hydraulic oil temp sensor location

Danfromcomo ยท 2026-09-08 22:31

Z6A01087 I think my hydraulic oil temperature sensor is bad, it reads 70-80 degrees higher that it should. When I started it after sitting overnight my engine temp and torque converter temps were on the far left of the guages, where the hydraulic oil temperature was a little over mid ways. I went in to the diagnostics and seen the temp was 173 right after starting the engine. I called Holt Cat today asking what the part number is needed was and the guy said he thought it was 234-5013 but couldn't tell me where it is located. Does anyone have the parts diagram that shows this location or know if that is the correct part? TIA

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2026-09-09 07:16

    According to my information 234-5013 is the transmission temperature sensor. The hydraulic oil temperature sensor is 256-6453 and is located on the RH fender (#177). Confirm that you are looking at the correct component by the wire colours/numbers.

  2. #2Danfromcomo2026-09-12 18:04

    Thank you so much Nige! You were spot on once again. The sensor was bad, ordered a replacement, pulled a vaccume on the hydraulic tank, installed new sensor and were back in business. Now to address the issues with slope assist. I will start another thread for thst one.