Was wondering if anyone knows what kind of psi the hyd cooler would see on a cat d5g. Had what I thought was a for sure leak as it had dirt sticking and plugging up the core. Own I have it out and in a vat of water under 100 psi air and it's not leaking. Did not think the psi would be that high in that Circuit but maybe I'm wrong. Thanks Jason
Believe it or not there's no information whatsoever about the pressure in the cooler lines. The Hydraulic Schematic has the flow from the cooler dumping straight back to tank, and the relief valve mounted on the tank is set to blow off at 15psi, so I would say the pressure in the cooler should be less than 15psi. Maybe it needs to be hot to leak..?
You might be right about the heat. I was hoping to maybe fix the leak as it is aluminum but I guess cat will be geting $1700 for a new one as we are short dozers. Thanks for the reply Nige you are the man.