Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5G LGP (07) Travel problems HELP PLEASE….

GCorona ยท 2014-06-22 10:09

I have a D5 LGP, first letters of Serial# RKG. The right travel motor barely spins sometimes. I changed the speed senior, the shaft is not broken(visual inspection) and I am not getting any codes on the dash. I also checked the PSI and all of them were in spec. What do I do next???

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2014-06-22 10:16

    You say "The right travel motor barely spins sometimes" - does that mean that the rest of the time it spins fine..? How did you adjust the new speed sensor you installed..? Have you cut the hydraulic filters open to check for any sort of debris..?

  2. #2GCorona2014-06-22 10:48

    It does not spin the rest of the time. I did not cut the filters open. I did not adjust the sensor because after I installed it the problem still existed. Maybe I forget to mention or witch you probably know, I am not a mechanic. I can change parts and so forth, but the tech. stuff is over my head. If the sensor was bad, would I get a code?

  3. #3Nige2014-06-22 11:19

    If the sensor was bad you should have got a code. You adjust the sensor by screwing it in until it touches the teeth of the gear, then back it out a 1/2 turn and tighten the locknut without moving the sensor from that position. Personally I don't think the sensor is your problem. Pull the hydraulic filters, cut them open, and check for the presence of metal particles, they could be bronze or even steel, then post back your findings. If you find particles post a photo so we can see what they look like.

  4. #4CM19952014-06-22 18:08

    Moved this post over to the Dozer forum.

  5. #5caterpillarmech2014-06-23 05:33

    I think you need to call a tech. You are correct in that if it does not have a warning lamp on it may not have an active code. You may just need the pumps and motors to be calibrated. Don't forget throttle as well. I would make sure the system is functioning properly before throwing any more parts at it.