Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5h

d5hcatbuddy ยท 2023-08-18 00:09

How do I keep my deceleration pedal from sticking..I have to put foot underneath it to pull it up

Replies2
  1. #1HardRockNM2023-08-18 07:12

    I've got no experience with a D5H, but start by lubricating the linkage. If it has grease fittings (seen in controls on some older machines), use grease. Otherwise try a penetrating oil or sprayable grease.

  2. #2aighead2023-08-18 15:17

    I have this issue on my acceleration pedal for my backhoe, it'll rev a couple hundred higher than idle if I don't pull the pedal back with my foot. If I move the hand throttle on the hoe side it'll catch and decrease the revs. I haven't tried messing with any linkage or cable or tried finding where it goes, but I should. Is it safe to assume it bridges the gap between the pedal and actual throttle in some sort of conduit, so some spray should travel the length of the cable?