Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5H exaust parts

Mquinista · 2023-02-05 03:04

Hy gents, Got a D5H 95 model serial no 1DD06xxx and looking for a part number on exaust system It’s the flange that couples the turbine housing to exaust tube where the muffler seats. It’s a flange with rings in it. Mine was completely rusted away was impossible to recover. Can’t I’d it on web catalogues Thanks

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2023-02-05 11:10

    See attachment. I included the muffler as well because it will have to come off to gain access to the coupling between the turbo and the exhaust elbow. Be prepared for the possibility that the bores of the exhaust elbow and/or of the turbocharger turbine housing may have wallowed oversize if the coupling has been rattling for an extended period of time.

  2. #2Mquinista2023-02-05 16:22

    Thanks Nige... your documentation is miraculous... In the meanwile all exaust elbow broke apart as it was rotten ... was pretty much impossible to remove it out of mufler in one piece I got to consider another option too. i´ll post a picture if i decide to go on a DIY elbow and pipe

  3. #3Mcrafty12023-02-05 16:50

    Is this problem coupled with your heavy smoke and no power in another post here? If so it may be related.

  4. #4Nige2023-02-05 16:59

    I doubt it. As TCT said the next step is to check whether or not the converter housing is being correctly scavenged.

  5. #5Mcrafty12023-02-05 17:06

    I see, How would that create excessive smoke? Not able to turn the TC?

  6. #6Nige2023-02-05 18:29

    If the converter housing is not fully scavenged the powertrain is effectively stalled.

  7. #7Mquinista2023-02-06 09:32

    Hey gents, it’s all related… as the dozer does not push and is smoking bad…. But it’s not power train related… it’s engine related… The power train issue was solved and the machine is now shifting well. In the process I just broke the exaust part, as it was rotten too deep. But it might end up being difficult to buy this parts in my planet. probably a new custom made stainless steel exaust will follow.

  8. #8Nige2023-02-06 10:10

    You may well have addressed the shifting issue but based on your comments about the machine performance I am of the opinion that you still cannot rule out a possible problem in the torque converter. I don't have enough fingers and toes together to count up the number of times a supposed "engine problem" actually turned out in the end to be a torque converter problem. If you go that route be aware that there is a significant expansion & contraction element in the function of the failed exhaust coupling that you will need to consider in your design calculations.

  9. #9Mquinista2023-02-06 14:41

    [QUOTE=" I don't have enough fingers and toes together to count up the number of times a supposed "engine problem" actually turned out in the end to be a torque converter problem.