Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5H Hydraulic pump

Tuckerdog24 · 2025-04-28 17:02

Hello, I have a D5H LGP serial no. 4KD00458 It has multiple electrical issues that I am working on but now I have found a leak coming from the seam between the layers of the hydraulic pump. This looks like a piston/swash plate type pump. I need to determine if this thing can be repaired with new seals or o-rings or if it needs to just be replaced with a rebuilt unit. If repairable, can i remove the end plate and the thin section (unpainted), with the pump in place or will it need to be removed for bench repairs? The leak is between the unpainted section and the main body on the upper half. The pictures are taken from underneath the machine. Any advice would be appreciated. Shane [email protected]

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2025-04-28 17:34

    That's actually the power train oil pump. It is a 3-section gear pump. depending on what is leaking or what caused the leak you may be able to repair it. See attached.

  2. #2Tuckerdog242025-04-28 19:51

    Thank You Nige, the manual I have was not real clear as which one this was. The attachments are helpful.

  3. #3nicky 68a2025-05-03 02:29

    That should be a cheap fix. Take it out,clean everything up and new o’rings should dry things up