Idler and shaft went to heck on rear of my d5h lgp. Took it to cat to see if they could rebuild turns out it was an aftermarket so I need a new one. Cat is 1150 after market is 700 or so. Do I have any other options . They don’t have any rebuilt Cat ones at my dealer or I’d go that route. Thank u!
There is a lot of after market track manufacturing companies,try different ones. Look at used one
Yea I’ll look around. I’m not trying to cheap out or anything I want something quality as the rest of my undercarriage is Cat chain and rollers in last 1200 hrs. It just doesn’t get a ton of hours per year
Talk to Cat and they may lower their price if you say you're buying elsewhere. If the rest of the undercarriage has 1200 hours on it, I'd put the aftermarket idler on in a heartbeat.
Bushings, rollers and chains show little wear yet. I imagine in the next several years I’ll be replacing the other 3 one at a time as well.