Dear All, Currently facing an overheating problem on D5H, S/N:8RC01817 Transmission doesn't engage in low throttle, you must increase at least 1200 rpm. When it gets too hot, customer must give full throttle that he can engage transmission. After 30 mins operation, TC temp gauge reaches to 130°C, if you would go on further it reaches to top, red warning light starts to blink.....My pressure readings are: PUMP PRESS (PRIORITY PRESSURE) : 450PSI TC INLET PRESS: 130PSI (when oil is cold), 80PSI when hot oil.Is it normal this? I mean when its cold on press chart it says max 145 psi for protecting TC coz of cold starts. Ratio valve was stuck before I took trans main valve and corrected, now it is working fine. TC OUTLET PRESS: 62 PSI P1: 350 PSI LUBE PRESS: 20 PSI. TC STALL SPEED : 1800 RPM. I drained oil from TC, and it is about 5-6 litres. But I found some magnetic particles, I don't know they are ALU or not. I checked metal tube from xmsn case to TC inlet and it seems OK.(not cracked) Transmission oil cooler and TC are new installed. What about your opinins,currently I am thinking to pull out TC, disassemble and see whats inside.
Engine running,with the floor plates removed, gear selector in neutral, does the drive shaft between convertor and transmission turn
Are these pressures at full throttle hot? What happens to priority valve pressure as you throttle down?
Hi Guys, We reconditioned torque converter, installed new transmission pump, changed torque converter outlet relief valve with a new one, changed xmsn filter housing including new priority valve inside. 1) Whats specified LOW IDLE RPM for this machine? 2)Is it possible in Low idle to engage transmission? (i mean with low idle you choose fw or rev, and shaft will stop between TC and transmission and therefore clutches will engage and machine would move little forward or reverse.... I took some pressures after all changing parts... PRIORITY VALVE SETTING: 380 PSI..... I cant reach 420 psi, whether add or remove shim into priority valve, so with this pressure i cant engage xmsn with LOW IDLE... P1: 350 PSI /High Idle P1: 150 PSI /Low idle-It must be minimum 50 psi less than above, something 315 psi, what can be cause that i have this low pressure reading? P2: 290 PSI /High Idle P2: 90 PSI /Low Idle I really appreciate your answers.Thank You.
Are you sure the brakes aren't binding?
Have you replaced the transmission filter why did you put a new tc in the tractor how long does it take to get hot. Is the parking brake released like c mark said are the brakes binding if so that could cause the tranny to get hot