Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5H Track tension

Pumperatv · 2021-07-20 06:30

Does anyone have the proper track tension procedure for a D5H dozer, need to service one this week and the proper manual is on order but two weeks out Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2021-07-20 16:39

    Correct adjustment gives dimension (2) of 100 ± 10 mm (3.93 ± .40 in) Track adjuster extension dimension (1) should not exceed 105mm (4.1 inch)

  2. #2Bluox2021-07-20 18:34

    Drive the tractor forward and allow it to stop without using brakes. If it don't have a carrier roller use above info. if it has a carrier roller measure the sag between the sprocket and carrier roller and the front idler and carrier roller. Average the two sag should be 2" each. Bob

  3. #3361brock2021-07-20 20:45

    When the D5hlgp first came out around late 1987, it didn't have a carrier roller. I complained to to dealer but got no where. I wrote a letter to the company and explained what I thought was a defect and should have come with the roller. After a few more letters, the dealer told me the factory authorized a fix. Yep, I got my roller installed, I payed for parts they installed for free.

  4. #4361brock2021-07-20 20:49

    From then on all D5hlgp came with a carrier roller. Not an option, you always got the roller.

  5. #5Tinkerer2021-07-21 08:21

    Welcome to HEF, Pumperatv !