Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5h Transmission

Brian Fordham ยท 2018-10-02 09:42

Hi Guys, I'm having an issue with D5H transmission, this unit is making a whining noise when reversing only. It takes all gears in forward and reverse. Power is fine on the machine but the customer is complaining about the noise. I have taken the transmission out before but found no issues, changed all bearings, needle rollers and shafts in all the planetrys inside and the noise is still there. The bevel gear and bearings were perfect so they were re used. When testing if i support the machine on the ripper and the blade to let the tracks hang free to turn, if i stop 1 track at a time when reversing there is no difference to the noise. Its like a whining diff noise in a vehicle but on a much louder scale. I'm out of ideas and would appreciate any help i can get? Thanks in advance

Replies1
  1. #1PEVO2018-10-02 15:45

    id like to know too! I have a 87 D4H powershift that whines in reverse also. No shifting issues, no whine in forward just reverse. Any gear, hi or low rpms. I hope this is no cause for alarm?????