Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5k electrical

MByers ยท 2024-11-13 16:55

I need a little help with 247-09 and 590-09 active codes on a D5k. I have a .66amp parasitic draw on this machine. I have pulled all the fuses trying to find the culprit but nothing changes. I have had some event codes also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. E179-2 E568-2 E570-2 E571-2 E875-2 E871-1 E876-3

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2024-11-13 17:05

    Could possibly be something un-fused via one of the main relays. Serial number please. That will determine the troubleshooting procedure for the comms problems. Question: Do you have access to an oscillooscope.? Because that makes troubleshooting CAN datalink issues much easier. The list of Event codes above. Are they all Active.?

  2. #2MByers2024-11-13 17:22

    YYY00538 and the only active codes were the 247-09 and 590-09. I do not have a oscilloscope just a multimeter. Just stared troubling shooting today. I don't know if I have found all the relays yet. Thanks for your help!

  3. #3Nige2024-11-14 05:01

    Schematic on the way. check your message inbox. Attached the troubleshooting procedure for the two -09 comms Diagnostic Codes. It's actually the same procedure for both. TBH I wouldn't mind betting that the 247-9 is a direct consequence of the 590-9 and you actually only have one fault. 247-9 - SAE J1939 Data Link : Abnormal Update Rate. Troubleshooting, "CAN Data Link - Test" 590-9 - Engine Control Module: Abnormal Update Rate. Troubleshooting, "CAN Data Link - Test" For the sake of completeness your inactive Event Codes are as follows: - E179-2 - Alternator not charging E568-2 - Unexpected Left Motor Forward Speed Detected E570-2 - Unexpected Right Motor Forward Speed Detected E571-2 - Unexpected Right Motor Reverse Speed Detected E875-2 - Low System Voltage E871-1 - Code not found E876-3 - High System Voltage