Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5K2 crankcase breather filter leaking

Chased · 2021-10-21 12:46

Hi! The back side of my crankcase breather filter housing is leaking oil out of the, what looks like a pressure relief of some sort. There’s a spring in there. Can’t get it apart to see any more about it. Is it worth the $400 to replace the whole housing and see if that fixes the issue? Or could the crankcase pressure be too high and that’s just keeping the relief open and blowing oil out? Thanks for any help!

Replies7
  1. #1DGODGR2021-10-24 13:43

    I might suggest that you include a serial number for the machine (sometimes helpful). Might also suggest you indicate how many hours are on the machine.

  2. #2Chased2021-10-24 14:59

    Sorry, KWW00881. 6000 hrs

  3. #3Nige2021-10-24 15:16

    Have you ever replaced the crankcase breather element.? It's on the Maintenance schedule. Attached the Parts List & the Maintenance Instructions.

  4. #4Chased2021-10-24 15:21

    Yes I’ve changed it before. I’ve actually been waiting on one. Back ordered. So it’s over due but I’ve got it now and will change it tomorrow morning before I run. Think it could be that??

  5. #5Nige2021-10-24 15:27

    Follow the instructions and make sure everything is clear, especially the outlet.(see the maintenance instructions). See where that gets you.

  6. #6Chased2021-10-24 16:21

    Hopefully that does it. I’ll let ya know. Thank you!

  7. #7Chased2021-10-25 22:09

    That seems to have stopped the leak! I’m sure glad it was that easy! I guess I was a little premature with the post. Thank you!