Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5M 7lr 00320

Ashley V ยท 2025-07-01 05:32

Hello Everyone, I have been doing my annual touchup of brakes and clutches with the clicker box and wanted to do the transmission as it is getting a little rough between a couple gears, followed the manual as it stated that you need all things right to do this part well, got the transmission warm over 70 odd degrees, set the rpms at a fast idle just over 1500rpm and then proceeded to complete the task. I'm in mode 6 submode 31, starting the check then it comes with 06 error on the dash which is engine rpm not enough, I tried more rpm did again and same response, then less revs, same error. when I check the rpm's they are going up and down 150rpms on the dash display but the engine is differently consistent. So my thoughts are the speed sensors need adjustment of clearances possibly? any thoughts

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2025-07-01 05:48

    I would suggest to pull the engine speed sensor out and make sure the nose end is clean. Once you have done that you could reinstall it and set the clearance. See attached. You have to be careful that there is a tooth directly under the hole, this may require barring the engine over a hair.

  2. #2Ashley V2025-07-01 06:10

    Cheers Nige I will have a crack tomorrow. it is easiest from under the floor pan to access it isn't it, I was thinking of checking the priority value pressures and torque convertor pressures while I'm checking over things too

  3. #3Nige2025-07-01 06:38

    Here's a question. Your machine is a Japanese grey import and there is little or no information on the system about it. How do you go about getting parts for it.? Do you have a Parts Manual.?

  4. #4Ashley V2025-07-01 07:05

    I'm in Australia and haven't had any real problems with the manchine, only had a few seals, final drives and track gear done. I don't have a parts manual, just the operation and maintenance Manual, I have looked for the parts manual on the cat website but haven't been able to spot it.

  5. #5Nige2025-07-01 07:24

    I saw that. A favourite location for those grey market machines to end up. You need to go to the Cat Pubs web site. Put XJBP7391 in the box and click the Search button. Those prices are in US$ BTW.

  6. #6Ashley V2025-07-01 08:43

    Thanks I just looked it up and its in japanese no englisher. Cheers

  7. #7Nige2025-07-01 08:58

    I thought you might spot that............ Japanese is the only language you are going to get because this model was never intended for sale outside Japan in the first place. Go into your local Cat dealer looking for parts and the are going to look at you like you grew a second head. The Japanese Parts Manuals are perfectly intelligble apart from the descriptions, as you can see from the illustration below which comes from an excavator parts manual. Additionally there are apps around that will translate Japanese to English from a photo.