My first question is what is the range on the gauges? There are no numbers, so how hot is say half way or straight up on the gauge? With as hot as its been here recently (95-100) it seems the dozer has been running a touch on the warm side. After 3-4 hours of hard running it seems everything creeps up and up, water, oil, trans. By the time Im ready to call it quits for the day all the temps are a touch over 5/8 on the gauge. I'm guessing that's not too hot to really be concerned but at the same time I'm sure everything will live longer at cooler temps. If I take a break and let it idle for 5-10 minutes the water temp cools off, but it goes right back up after a few minutes of pushing.
Is there a red zone? If you overheat anything the warnings will go off. Later Bob
Get one of those non-contact laser thermometers, about thirty bucks at Harbor Freight. You can take readings off the radiator shell, oil pan, etc. to get some idea of where you stand.
Oh thats a good idea. I own one of those laser thermometers if I can get it to work.