Any help??
See this THREAD . I think it probably has the answers you need. If you need any more info please post a Serial Number.
Looks like I need to find some M30 metric threaded rod somewhere. Thanks
Not just any type of M30 threaded rod. You’ll need high tensile stuff designed for use in a hydraulic puller scenario.
6GN01373 D5M XL I obtained some 30M threaded rod and made heavy plates to place 2 20 ton hydraulic jacks under. I was able to pull the top pin but the bearing that is broke is just below the top pin and not sure how to remove it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Are you talking about the self-aligning bearing.? If yes, then the lower pin has to be pulled and the blade removed to get access to the bearing.
Yes. After pulling the top pin which sets down into the one below it, I seen that the lower one has a threaded hole in it as well. I have the rod in it and have put a lot of force pulling up on it. It has moved up until the knuckle came in contact. I guess I’m just wanting to make sure that this is a pin that will pull out from the top as well. It really seems to be stuck pretty good. I will put more force on it today. The bearing I am going to replace is I believe to be part number 197-6439 Thanks
The bearing, and the bracket (part of the blade) in which it is installed, changed Part Number and physical size during the production run of the D5M. Only a Serial Number might determine if you have to former or later Part Number bearing installed. The factory removal procedure calls for the use of a 50-ton cylinder. With your setup even at maximum you are only generating 40 tons. It might not be enough. A suggestion. Move each of your jacks inwards a couple of inches until they are almost touching the threaded rod. This will minimize the tendency of the I-beams to bend and increase the force applied to the pin.
Thanks for your advice.
That P/N of bearing will only apply if you have the later-style boss on the blade to take the new-style larger diameter bearing. The larger bearing was introduced by the factory effective with machine S/N: 6GN02652-Up, so unless your blade has previously been modified then the 197-6439 Bearing will not fit. The modification procedure was quite complex amongst other work and involved replacing the bearing housing (marked "A" on the illustration) on the bracket mounted on the back side of the blade. From the photo you posted above your blade looks original.