Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5M Monitor serial number 6AS00221

awrepair ยท 2026-02-12 11:33

The gauge cluster and monitor will not function. The 113 orange wire has system voltage and the ground is good. Is there anything else I need to check. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

Replies12
  1. #1Simon C2026-02-12 12:17

    Get a part number from the dealer, and then shop around for prices or if anyone can repair. Cannot comment on what powers it or where it is grounded as I don't have a schematic. Did you test the ground back to battery Negative post. Just asking. Simon C

  2. #2CRC CAT D5K22026-02-12 16:10

    Hope this is some help. Check the power inputs and grounds especially if nothing is working. Cheers

  3. #3Tyler d4c2026-02-12 19:19

    Make sure the harness code jumper doesnt have and broken wires. That one was about 3 days to figure out

  4. #4awrepair2026-02-12 19:42

    The 113 orange wire has 24 volts, the 893 green data link positive has 4.93 volts. will the remaining wires be outputs from the monitor to the sensors and gauge cluster?

  5. #5awrepair2026-02-12 19:46

    I'm pretty sure the ground is good. No monitor available from Cat. been discontinued. I've got some folks looking for good used.

  6. #6Nige2026-02-12 20:20

    The 126-9401 Part Number shown on the schematic posted by @CRC has been updated a few times. Not sure what the latest iteration of it is but I would be somewhat surprised if it had been discontinued.

  7. #7awrepair2026-02-12 20:25

    Built to order, 60 days to get one. I couldn't believe it.

  8. #8Simon C2026-02-13 00:03

    New times , new ways! Simon C

  9. #9Nige2026-02-13 10:38

    You can also search for 196-4681 or 10R-5906

  10. #10Nige2026-02-13 16:44

    Or if you want to go to an EMS III panel on your machine the options increase. The panel is a 252-4501 or 569-8638.

  11. #11awrepair2026-02-25 17:08

    The customer has located a used monitor. We'll see what happens.

  12. #12Nige2026-02-27 19:12

    Make sure you come back and tell us how it goes.