Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5n.. Where are the forward and reverse solenoids?

truecountry ยท 2015-10-18 16:45

Had D5n Dozer Serial # AGG00653 ....Something rubbed a hole in trans hose friday and workers replaced it now I have no reverse and intermitten forward ..I think they got dirt in hose replacing it ....I think its in rear trans I remember seeing solenoids there when I worked on a 5dm basically same machine right

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2015-10-18 16:58

    The transmission hydraulic control is located on top of the transmission. The modulating valves and main relief valve are contained in the hydraulic control. Each of the five transmission clutches has a separate solenoid-controlled modulating valve.

  2. #2truecountry2015-10-18 17:05

    So there are no forward and reverse solenoids ....Where on top is trans control located under seat or floor board ?

  3. #3Nige2015-10-18 18:01

    Five clutches in total - direction clutches (forward & reverse), 1st, 2nd, & 3rd speed clutches. The control is located right on top of the transmission itself. Go to the back of the machine, remove bolts 1 and cover 2. Unbolt & move the power train filter and the primary fuel filter/water separator out of the way. Remove the cover 13, the solenoids are right behind it.

  4. #4truecountry2015-10-18 18:27

    Yes sir that's where I thought they where at .......Going to start on it tomorrow morning after all my crews leave shop ..

  5. #5truecountry2015-10-20 22:21

    Thank you Problem fixed cleaned all 5 directional clutch controls and it works perfect .............I need to buy you a round of drinks