Hi there I have recently bought a 2002 - D65EX-12 - drove it off transporter and 500m up the track and it spat the transmission oil on the ground. Woohoo good buying eh. Now it won’t go anywhere even after putting oil in it. It dumped approx 40l of oil on the ground in 30seconds. So I presume there’s not enough oil pressure to make the trannie spin up. Which wasn’t running with any real power before the incident. The problem is I can’t see where the oil is coming from it’s after the belly plate behind the transmission but on front of the diff. We’ve had the access panels off in the floor of the cab and still can’t see it. My questions are Am I going to have to remove the cab or is there an easier way? what are the chances of it being a pipe or hose as opposed to the main seal between diff - transmission or engine - transmission? Would the earlier lack of power possibly be related to the leak slowly forming or do you think there may be a larger transmission issue as well? Hard to know with out more information and delving deeper I know but I thought it would be good to get some ideas to start with
I think if it's dumping the oil that fast that it is likely a hose. IIRC the bottom part of the radiator is the transmission cooler. I think at least one of the cooler hoses goes from the radiator to the rear of the transmission. That would be the first thing I would check.
I'm pretty sure there is an access panel under the seat. If so that will allow you to see alot more.
Great thanks sounds promising will try the hatch under the seat