Have a 2000 Komatus D65PX-12 that has developed a leak somewhere in the right side track frame. Was using it last week and everything was working fine until I suddenly noticed a trail of oil in the snow. Parked the machine and came back the next day to load it on the truck. Right away noticed I couldn't lift the blade or steer any. Put in 10 gallons of oil and got it loaded but it was leaking out pretty bad. Any idea what could be leaking in that area? Are these tracks hydraulically tensioned or just with a grease gun? Most of the oil seems to be running down in the middle where I have the catch pan placed. Looking for ideas!
Blown tilt cylinder hose. The hoses or tubes come down under the control valve to the inside of the track frame and then go forward under that bolt on plate and then through the track frame and out the center of the push beam trunnion. You should be able to remove the outside plate over that trunnion and see the hoses.
Now that you say that I remember before I parked it that the blade was always tilting the left side up and I was having a hard time controlling it. I think what you're saying really makes sense now!
Also do you know the specific fluid that this machine is supposed to use? I seen a few different things, but the most common seemed to be diesel engine oil. Thanks
You will have to get a spec from someone with a book or call the dealer. I don't recall if that machine has a hydrostatic transmission or not.
First page of the attached document taken from the Operation and Maintenance Manual shows what fluids the machine was factory filled with. Second page is the recommended fluids based on temperatures. Not sure how readily available straight 10w engine oil is anymore... I would not have any issues filling with a 10w hydraulic oil, if the machine were mine.