Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

d66s trk ldr

Jim of all trades ยท 2019-02-10 10:22

I have a kamatsu d66s track loader abandoned on my property I got the thing running and the shovel moves as it should but it wont move there is no reading on the stick im assuming it needs oil ,or hyd fluid .anyone have any idea what to use this is a HST system .thanks

Replies8
  1. #1Dave Neubert2019-02-13 17:01

    should be 30 wt

  2. #2John C.2019-02-13 17:25

    Would need to know the full model number or whether or not the machine is conventional drive or hydrostatic.

  3. #3Jim of all trades2019-02-16 11:26

    kamatsu model# D66S-1 ss# 01674 engine model # SA6D110-1 eng ss # 57355 hydrostactic also trying to find out the year of this machine is there somewhere I can look that up using those numbers. thank you

  4. #4Welder Dave2019-02-16 13:24

    Later 1988. 1989 started at 1710. Made from 1987-1990. 1987 serial numbers started at 1310 and 1990 machines started at 1860 according to a little booklet I have. 550 machines in 4 years isn't a lot. It looks like you have one of the better ones according to this older thread. "When they first brought the D66 over they failed HST's ( hydrostatic transmissions) as fast as we could put them in. The engineers came over from Japan and literally ran a machine in the back yard at wot and going forward to reverse until the HST failed. Suprisingly that only took about an hour. They would then pull the units and ship them back to Japan for failure analysis. 1400 was the serial number break for the machines with the newest components. I absolutely loved to work on them because they were a machine ahead of their time, but they can be dangerous. They seem to have a mind of their own. You do not ever run this machine without a seat belt. But it is a very strong and powerfull machine."

  5. #5John C.2019-02-16 14:06

    Going back to the original question of what oil to use? What I saw was 10Wt. hydraulic oil but if wrong someone needs to correct me.

  6. #6Welder Dave2019-02-16 14:45

    I found a site that also says 10wt. https://www.kroon-oil.com/en/produc...su-sa6d110-1/3341/121263/#!/component:121263/

  7. #7Jim of all trades2019-02-27 09:12

    thank you guys for all the help I plan on trying to move it this weekend

  8. #8Dan Ott2025-11-10 07:26

    Did it ever start working