Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6B hydraulic hardnose

wj-ihc ยท 2016-10-10 16:42

I am looking at buying three D6's, two are 9u's one is a 6B. The 6B is a cable machine and straight transmission. The worse of the two 9u's has shot undercarriage but a hydraulic hardnose. From what I understand the basic trans/rearend and track frames of the B's were very similar to the 9U's, so does anyone know if it would be possible to install the hydraulic hardnose off a 9U onto a D6B? I realize some sort of drive would have to be configured off the end of the crank. Mainly just curious if anyone knows if it will physically bolt up?

Replies2
  1. #1Jimbo2016-10-11 10:30

    I am fairly certain they are similar enough to bolt up without much headache, but a person I know who would know for certain is Tim Ward, TW Equipment, Brackettville, Texas

  2. #2wj-ihc2016-10-11 21:34

    Ok thanks for the info. I found a website and phone number for him and will try to get a hold of him. Is he a member on here?