Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6C Hyd

Elman1 ยท 2015-05-30 13:22

I have a D6C 10K Would like to add Hyd unit that would mount on back where a cable unit would mount. Need 2800 PSI Closed Center. Any ideas would help.

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2015-05-30 17:27

    Just need a winch adapter and shaft maybe, fab up a mount and use a coupler to drive a pressure compensated pump with a splined input shaft. How many gallons per minute max at that 2,800 psi? Might consider a clutch of some kind if you don't want it turning all the time. What are you running off it and do you have the valving already?

  2. #2Elman12015-05-31 08:52

    I am thinking of getting a tile plow, looking at the Soil max ZD. I do not have valves. I don't know how many gal. Would need tank valve and pump.

  3. #3Old Magnet2015-05-31 11:00

    Couple of ideas, these were popular in Ca. and the Pacific Northwest.

  4. #4lantraxco2015-05-31 15:07

    Unless the valves come with the unit and are closed center, you don't really require a closed center system. The cylinders won't care. Just have to meet the pressure requirements of the plow manufacturer. Flow is speed so you have some leeway there.