Hey all, Just bought a D6C 76a and these two lines are crimped off. The line off turbo im sure is a vent line and the other line im guessing is the other half of pipe. Question is why would someone do this? Am I missing something
.
A line for a water-cooled turbo.? Is there a line connected out of the opposite side of the turbo to the crimped-off one shown in your 3rd photo.? Does the turbo have a tag with a Part Number on it.?
the little line looks like the filter bleed line
It’s got a tag. Part number is 3S4259
Should have an oil supply line (present) Vent line (present) Drain line (crimped) My guess is oil leakage was excessive so someone crimped the drain line.
The oil drain line is on the bottom of the center housing. The clipped line is a crankcase vent, which is supposed to go to the crankcase. I’m surprised to see a three-holer center cartridge still in the wild. By now, most of those old D333’s have been converted to 3306 turbos.
I'm looking at the parts diagram for the 3S4259 and the large line is the vent line.
Thanks all. I might plumb in some sort of breather and let it vent to atmosphere
Here's what the Parts Book Shows....
How would the blocked off vent line affect the engine, blow seals out, etc.?
On further investigation.....