Hello everyone. I have a quick question. I just purchased a old d6c dozer. From what I can tell it’s around a 70s model. It has the none turbo motor in it. I need to change a fuel filter and there is no numbers left on it. Just wondering if anyone would know the part number for one? I have a manual that comes with the machine “as soon as the guy can find it” lol. I tried to find a vin number on the machine and can not find one so hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks Randy
That would be an early D6C 10Kxxxx model, engine is a D333C, 1971 or earlier. Serial number located on LH rear of cylinder block, lower RH of dash and LH rear of the steering clutch case. Primary fuel filter element is a 5S7645 and gasket 9H2770. Main fuel filter element is a 1P2299.
Thanks very much for the reply. Thats a big help.. As for the tags they have all been removed for some reason, I know the guy I got it from got it from department of highways here local so its not stolen lol. not sure why all the tags would be removed. It has all new track pads, sprockets and chains, seems to be a pretty good old machine. only issue i am using is after a couple hours of use she will start to misfire some, not bad bit defiantly noticeable. I guess I will start by changing all filters and fluid's. Thanks again Randy
The Serial Number on the LH Rear of the Steering Clutch case would have been stamped on the case then the plate would be riveted over it. Even if the plate went AWOL the S/N should still be there, stamped into the frame. If the tractor has been painted a few times the hand stamping may be difficult to spot at a quick glance.
Ok thank you very much, I’ll have to take a real close look after
I found a serial number back on the back of the machine left-hand side, tag again was removed but serial number was stamped into the metal. This is the only place I could find it. It says 10k1882. I used the machine for about three hours tonight and again after warming up after about an hour it started skipping. I’ve got some digging to do to find out what the problem is.
When it gets to skipping on you, crack the injector lines to see if you can isolate the problem.
10K1882 is a good number. You have an early-1969 D6C. Can't get more accurate date-wise than that. If you want a parts book or operator manual for it, try here........... https://servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=10K01882
Did they number these in number? Mine is a 10k1878