Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6d 3306 engine.

Curry102180 ยท 2018-05-17 10:05

I am in need of the torque specs and procedure for installing head and overhead procedure to set valves. My cat software is expired any help would be wonderfully appreciated!

Replies3
  1. #1MHDim2018-05-17 11:57

    Normally, the safest possible way would be if you had a s/n. However, (other folks pls correct me if I'm wrong), I think these things should be the same for any 3306 engine, so I'm attaching the procedures, extracted using a random D6D prefix... LATER EDIT: When setting piston 1 at the TC position, if you don't have the engine turning tool or if you want to avoid taking off the starting motor, you can turn the crankshaft using a socket wrench on the bolts on the front end of the crankshaft itself, where the vibration damper & belt pulley is installed.

  2. #2d9gdon2018-05-17 14:35

    I give that an amen as well...no need trying to remove that heavy starter that you have to stand on your head and have a 3' long extension to get to one of the bolts. I don't know why they didn't cast a hole on the other side of the block for access. That engineer needed a flying ninja kick to the throat.

  3. #3Curry1021802018-05-17 22:22

    Thank you very much!