Does anybody know the procedure for adjusting the under-carriage cross shaft on a D6D? I have the spanner wrench to do it but I wanted to have an idea of what I was getting in to before I head out there. The rails are running out of line is why I was told to do this. Thanks, Sean
I know there is an adjustment procedure for the final drive/ sprocket bearing preload, but dont think that would have much to do with the rails running out of line. I would be looking more at bent track frames, worn diagonal brace bushings, front idler guides etc. Just my 2 cents worth, Cheers RDG.
More than likely, the above post is probably where the problem is. To move the track frames in and out, you dont need that spanner. Take off the round outside cover and then remove the dead axle nut. There is a plate behind it and the shims behind the plate determine the alignment. There is not much room for adjustment there either. Check the condition of the location where the rollerframe and dead axle connect under the machine at the rear. Alot of slack can be there if neglected.
thanks guys. I'm also skeptical that this would solve their problem but I'm unfamiliar with the machine and haven't been onsite to look at it yet, they just called up and asked me to do it. thanks for the tips on what to look for!