Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6D Fuel leak Sleeve Meter Pump

shopguy ยท 2013-04-26 21:27

Ok here goes I have a leak at the throtle shaft cover gasket so changed the gasket made sure the bolts are not bottomed out, yep still leaks so buy a new cover & another gasket, still leaks now pull the govenor housing have it resurfaced,yep you guessed it.Now I think the cover is flexing between the bolts from the strong spring pressure inside so new spring still leaks has anyone had this before? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Bob/Ont2013-04-27 09:13

    I think the housing should be dry inside. Might be a lip seal farther in on the throttle shaft. I know there is fuel inside the top cover where you adjust the fuel setting. Someone will have parts pic to show you. Later Bob

  2. #2shopguy2013-04-27 23:56

    Thanks Bob that would explane everything, I had that shaft out for the resurface of the housing but I must have somehow overlooked the second seal.