Some people like them with class I like em cheap and easy. But ill take em any way I get em
looking nice. what all did you do to it?
Nice paint job Dirtdozer!!! Did you change something else exept the paint or no? Frenchy
We got this machine for a steal. The transmission was out the planetary was torn all to pieces. 1. rebuilt planetary There was a problem in the engine some how water was getting in the combustion chamber head gasket kit led no where new sleeves dead end also. It ended up being a cracked injector housing. Never would i had imagined other than that nothing was wrong with it.
Nice job you did there! Care to make comaprisons between the C and the D? I think I spy something big and green behind the D6C....maybe a Euc/Terex scraper? Enquiring minds want to know... Alan627b
That looks like an old TS-14A or TS-14B............. the rear sloping hood pretty much gives it away. I've always heard that the D6D was a staple machine of Caterpillar, as solid as any of 'em; though we've never owned one. How are they? I might be interested in doing the D6D thing. Price of late model iron and limited aftermarket parts availability makes me cringe at new stuff.
NOPE TS-24 I have a couple of those s-24's as well. For the older guy's look real hard behind the ts-24 there is a dw 15. The d model is a great machine and getting part are as easy as walking in or next day at the worst case. The 3306 engine was so common among these. The c is a good machine except for the the blade lever is at the shoulder and it wears your knees out by lunch. But all parts between two two are the same. If you ever have the chance to buy a deal the d model it's worth it I found this one for $7000.00
Alan627b If you like the older stuff check out the pictures of the earlier link belt and lima dragline's i smeared some paint on I put the up under cranes
Some people like them with class I like em cheap and easy. Too easily we can be fooled by those that appear to have "class" and similarly misjudge those that appear to be "cheap and easy." Boy, the more I live the more I learn I don't know anything......
Yes, tires looked pretty tall for a TS-14, but the hub sure looks like a TS-14..... What year model is the TS-24? Still operating? How much does it weigh? How are you getting that big wagon loaded?
yeah they're running I have a ts 14 its easy as you please versatile. The big 24's are difficult. hauling and finding a job big enough for them. the models are 72 74 weight is 104000 lbs. It loads well on a 60 ton eager beaver.
d repaint did you find a heat shield for the exhaust manifold next to the injector pump?
Didnt know such thing existed