Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6D Serial # question & general info…

some1had2doit · 2024-04-20 18:04

Howdy folks. I regretted selling my last d6d so I just picked this one up at auction. Paid 28.4k. Best deal I could find locally. Serial # 4X5667. Seems like a decent little dozer although I have only driven it around the lot. Tractor is a little rough around the edges, but UC is fantastic and winch works so I pulled the trigger. Blade hydraulics have a little shutter to them and it took a while on the plugs to start(55*) but ran real strong with no blow by. I am trying to figure out year, as well as any other info folks want to share. I'm also looking for a complete filter kit, and yall's favorite source for economical online parts. Thanks! I'm so grateful for the wealth of info on here!

Replies6
  1. #1.RC.2024-04-20 18:22

    Around 1980. Should have a 3306PC motor if my book is accurate.

  2. #2some1had2doit2024-04-20 19:16

    Nice. And yes, it does have a PC motor in it unfortunately. Is there any way to tell if this was factory equipped with cab? I am considering doing a cab delete on it...

  3. #3Nige2024-04-20 19:29

    I can't be 100% certain but it appears to have originally left the factory with just an open ROPS. Are there any Cat Part Numbers anywhere on the cab or its fittings (apart from on the ROPS itself).?

  4. #4some1had2doit2024-04-20 20:46

    Once I get the machine on site I'll check for numbers.

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-04-21 01:40

    It is a 1980.

  6. #6JAJ2024-04-21 02:50

    Why would you want to pull the cab off? I got really crook with sinus problems a few years ago and can’t handle being in the dust on open cap machines any more without dust masks, that’s one of the reasons I went to newer machines. I do love the old open cab machines I still have, but less dust and AC in our climate is a wonderfull thing. After having it I don’t understand why anyone would pull it off…. Or doesn’t it have Ac or a heater fitted?