Hello everyone, My D6D (4X7650 S/N) has always started so quick that I barely could hear the starter turning over the motor until 2 days ago. Now after it sits overnight, when I first try to start the tractor, it sounds like it has run out of fuel. Maybe hitting on 1 or 2 cylinders and a little smoke out the muffler. I have put either to it the last two days to get it started in the morning, but I do not like doing this! This problem is just the first time it starts up in the morning. After that, it can sit three or four hours and will start up fine the rest of the day. Plenty of power and fuel filters were changed about 25 hrs ago. No visible fuel leaks. Is there a check valve somewhere that is maybe bleeding off overnight? Thanks
Check for power to your glow plugs. Then ohm your plugs for a dead one. No continuity=dead
Next morning you might try pumping up a little fuel with the hand priming pump before you crank it to see if it makes a difference. There should be a bleed valve by the hand pump and I think a vent plug on the filter housing.
Ether and glow plugs don't mix. Maybe try some injector cleaner.
How cold is it in the mornings now, and are you in fact using the glow plugs to preheat?
I am not using the glow plugs to preheat. Either and glow plugs do not go together! The tractor has always started fine before this problem in the temps we have here in Tennessee.