Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6D Winch Pump

Ken Dernehl · 2022-08-02 14:37

The pics are a winch pump off a 1982 D6D. It is not a Cat pump. I need to put in new seals. The previous owner said the winch was added to this tractor at some point. The winch is a Hyster D6E. Anyone have an idea who makes this pump?

Replies6
  1. #1OzDozer2022-08-03 07:21

    It's a Rexroth Borg Warner gear pump, model S15. I can't read the number properly, but it looks like "S1596DH13R" - or it could more likely be "S15S6DH13R". A Rexroth hydraulic pump supplier should be able to assist. I believe Rexroth is now owned by Bosch.

  2. #2OzDozer2022-08-03 07:33

    More information from the site below, indicating the Rexroth S15 series pump is long obsolete, and parts are difficult to source for them. There are some military surplus parts available ex-eBay. https://hydraulic.net/rexroth-s-series-gear-pumps/

  3. #3epirbalex2022-08-03 17:33

    Allied Winches is the new name , https://www.alliedsystems.com/Winch/models/products.aspx

  4. #4Ken Dernehl2022-08-04 10:32

    Thanks for all your help. I checked and parts are no longer available. I am going to go back to an original aftermarket pump. The problem I’m having is finding the adapter plate that goes between the winch pump and the hydraulic pump. The old part # is 1P6747 which changes to 148-0879. New or used is ok. Anyone have any ideas where to look.

  5. #5John C.2022-08-04 11:01

    As I recall I used to source that stuff through Spencer Hydraulics. It appears to be an aluminum body pump. The seals can fail through age but usually fail because of the groove worn in the drive shaft where the seal rides or the aluminum body gets scored and allows pressure oil behind the seal. I've never been able to save one and had to buy a new pump anyway. Good Luck

  6. #6Old Magnet2022-08-04 11:13

    Shows 1P6747 source here.... https://www.machinerytrader.com/parts/search?PartNumber=1P6747&SearchType=Start