Today, while running my machine for what ever reason the top of the hyd oil filter gasket started leaking badly & seemed the system had air it it. When I first started it I raised the blade to the top & rotated the tilt back & forth. I ran it about 5 minutes & then the oil came out the top of the filter. I had not been on the machine in over a month. Aside from changing the filter & filling it back with oil, is there anything I should be looking for? This machine just turned 4000 hours & has been used about 100 hours per year for the last few years since I bought it. Thanks in advance.
The hydraulic tank pressurizes when the machine is working to assist with suction into the implement pump. Are you sure it simply hasn't failed the gasket on the filter cover..? The machine will be a number of years old by now and maybe that rubber gasket is original............
I know that rubber o-ring on the filter housing cap is easy to mislocate on assembly. Oil will pour out like crazy if it isn't installed carefully
And when you put the new filter back in make it a Cat filter.