Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6H II Horsepower increase

turbo8781 ยท 2017-02-08 22:13

I was just wondering if any of you guys might know if my 6H series 2 6CF5575 was the standard 165 or if it had been increased and or if the 165 is the gross or net?. I read that in the early 90's that some of them got a bump up. The reason i ask is that 165 is right on the bubble fore an increase in the hourly rate that the state pays on fires. So if I can prove that its even 1 HP over the 165 then I get bumped up on the scale. I know its a silly reason to start a new thread and I apologize in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1Mark2502017-02-09 00:02
  2. #2Cmark2017-02-09 01:32

    Before you get too excited turbo, look at this one where it says Advertized power of 165. The raw figures from the test spec are for a bare engine without fan, generator, hydraulic pumps etc. If you go trying to get a rate increase by waving these figures at someone, it would be disingenuous at best. It looks like the specs for the contract have been written around a D6 and if you try to wrangle D7 money you may make more trouble for yourself than it's worth.

  3. #3turbo87812017-02-09 10:13

    Thank you both. The VPR contract is very complicated. I'm not trying to get d7 price out of a 6 in fact there is not set price for any size dozer. The contract is set up on a bid system "you can bid any price you want" and your bid price divided by the points added together from you dozers attributes and HP determines where you land on the dispatch list and since there's no regulation for using gross or net HP its up to the contractor to decide to decide which number to use that will best suit them. Its very competitive.