Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6h questions

chevota84 ยท 2014-03-09 22:48

I'm looking at a 6h xr. Is there anything I need to watch out for on this series? What's the difference between an xr and an xl? Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Replies5
  1. #1Chum Duffy2014-03-10 00:48

    I believe the XL is short for Extra Long undercarriage , XR is short for Extra Rear undercarriage. Longer to the rear of the tractor- normally an arrangement package offered with a towing winch. I also seem to remember the XL and XR arrangement came with about 20 more HP. As I recall ours seemed to give us good service. Cant help you with much more. good luck!! Chum..

  2. #2chevota842014-03-10 01:28

    It does have a winch. I'd be using it for fire/forestry work so the extra length seems like a good idea. Where is the added length in an xl? Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  3. #3Cam852014-03-14 07:30

    The extra length is on the track base in line with the drive ford. The X-r is a good tractor keep an eye out for cracking around the stabiliser bar on the base on the inside though the 7 is more prone to this good luck.

  4. #4Construct'O2014-03-14 10:12

    Most of the xr had rippers mounted on them.The dozer side arms mounted back farther on the track frame.I believe xr had 7 rollers as does the xl machine.The D6H with out the xl/xr only had 6 rollers.The D6H track frames had issues in the early model and had updates done ,by plating the top of the track frame back(sprockets) by the pivot axil. Here xl/xw machine is all you see.A few lgp,but no xr machine.Like said must was used for ripper applcations.Good luck

  5. #5chevota842014-03-14 13:33

    The side arms mounted farther back might be a problem, it has an angle blade now and I'd much rather have a straight/tilt. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk