Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6k Dozer wont stop buzzing when in drive

avg joe ยท 2024-07-09 09:58

Trying to figure out my dozer problems. The serial number is DHA01340 Everytime we drive it the beeper or buzzer constantly makes noise. The dozer drives and runs with out issues other then a warning light and the noise. I have a HD code reader and was able to pull some codes. Here is a list 2417-5 injection control solenoid 190 engine speed sensor 2686 left drive motor speed sensor #1 2685 left drive motor speed sensor #2 E00361 high coolant temp E00360 low engine oil pressure E00398 low fuel rail pressure E00878 high hydraulic oil temp First do I need special diagnostic equipment to clear theses code? And second which of these codes more then likely is giving the operatior the warning light and buzzer noise. Is there something common for me to chase after with the given codes? (Also included photos of my code reader and the codes) Thanks in advance!!

Replies23
  1. #1Nige2024-07-09 10:51

    First, kudos for including the Serial Number. It makes looking up information far easier. Looking at your Code read it shows the first and last occurences of many of the Codes/Events. If you compare your current hourmeter reading with the scanner information you could figure out which one(s) are Active. However by far the easiest method is to use the Operator Monitor screen to access Codes and Events. See the attachment that shows how to do it.

  2. #2avg joe2024-07-10 09:22

    Thank you for your replay the unit has multiple codes stored, here is the list: A036 2417-05 A039 190-08 779-03 2113-03 2685-08 2686-08 039 190-08 779-03 2113-03 2532-03 2685-08 2686-08 also the runtime currently is 9188.7

  3. #3Nige2024-07-10 09:54

    OK, so based on the above I can see at least two confirmed Active Codes....... A036 2417-05. Ether injection solenoid, current below normal. Nothing really much to worry about. A039 190-08. Engine spped sensor, Abnormal Frequency, Pulse Width, or Period. The 190-08 Code will more than likely set off the alarms, but there may be more Codes. The $64k question is - does the letter "A" appear for any other Code when scrolling through the list.? If present it will appear right before the "036" or "039" for any specific Code.

  4. #4avg joe2024-07-10 10:22

    No other codes come up. Only the ones I listed above. So I would be chasing the engine speed sensor.

  5. #5Nige2024-07-10 11:06

    Maybe I didn't explain sufficiently. I wasn't asking if there were any other Codes apart from your earlier list, more if the letter "A" appeared in front of anything else in the list apart from the two Codes you indicated.

  6. #6avg joe2024-07-10 11:13

    No those are the only ones with an A infront of them

  7. #7Nige2024-07-10 11:18

    Thanks for confirming that. I need to go off now and find a diagnostic procedure for the engine speed sensor. You will also need an electrical schematic, I'll find that at the same time.

  8. #8avg joe2024-07-10 11:47

    Awesome thank you so much for your help!

  9. #9Nige2024-07-10 14:16

    So you need the speed/timing test procedure (attached). I've also attached the procedure for the 2417-5 Code. I'll message you with a copy of the electrical schematic.

  10. #10avg joe2024-08-02 17:31

    Hello! Sorry for a long delay I finally was able to start working on our machine again. So upon swaping the sensors i ended up breaking them and just replaced both speed sensors. But I'm still.getting the code. Also my left drive motor is saying abnormal frequency. Both the engine and drive motor have abnormal frequency pretty much immediately when the dozer is on. Do you think both of these codes are related to each other?

  11. #11Nige2024-08-02 17:35

    Which sensors did you swap.? Can you post a list of which Codes you have Active right now.?

  12. #12avg joe2024-08-02 17:35
  13. #13avg joe2024-08-02 17:40

    Using the speed timing rest I was told to swap the engine speed sensor and the speed sensor on the high injection pump. But I ended up breaking the on the injection pump and ended up putting new ones in The left drive motor I put a new sensor in recently due to it being damaged.

  14. #14Nige2024-08-02 17:50

    So for the engine speed sensor you need to perform the speed/timing test procedure attached to Post #10 above. One reason I always suggest that people perform the troubleshooting procedures in full is that a sensor fault is only one possibillity. There is just as much chance of the root cause being a wiring fault which sensor replacement will do nothing to fix.......... For the left motor speed sensor the troubleshooting procedures are attached. In case you are not aware the assembly is actually two sensors (#1 & #2) in a common body. If both are faulting at the same time the most likely cause is a wiring fault in the sensor power supply or ground, although both sensors in the unit failing at the same time is always a possibility.

  15. #15avg joe2024-08-07 15:16

    Thank you for the response I am currently at the machine and have the belly pan off. Just making sure I'm on the right path here. But for the machine ECM connectors J1 and J2 are located on the right hand side of the dozer above the batteries right? If so I am not getting any continuity on any of my 4 wires for the speed sensor. Which indicates a break in the harness some where. Am I on the right path? Testing pins 44 & 45 at J1 connector And 42& 43 at J2 connector

  16. #16Nige2024-08-07 15:26

    If you get into the schematic on Page 8 and find the machine ECM, then click on the hyperlink in blue it will take you straight to an illustration on Page 10 showing exactly where the ECM is located on the machine. Also see the attachment which may help.

  17. #17avg joe2024-08-07 16:30

    I'm currently away from a computer and the hyper links don't work on my phone. But according to the pictures I have the right connectors but circuits for the speed sensor aren't right at connectors J1 and J2 At connector J1 Pins 44 is u766 and pin 45 is u767 At connector J2 Pins 42 is f744 and pin 43 is 4283 Which indicates the schematics and my machine are different. So that could be why my wires aren't getting continuity. So is it possible we have the wrong electrical schematic? Or is my ecm in a different location? According to the diagram it's on the right hand side above the batteries.

  18. #18Nige2024-08-07 16:39

    The schematic is correct, you just have the two ECM connectors the wrong way round. What you are calling J1 above is actually J2 and vice versa.

  19. #19avg joe2024-08-07 20:03

    Thank you so much that was the issue. Finally got the speed sensor codes taken care of.

  20. #20D-Alaksa2024-08-26 23:16

    What did you find.? I am currently in the same boat

  21. #21avg joe2024-08-27 04:54

    In my case, I had the left drive motor speed sensor wiring all mixed upped. The wiring got damaged and some one tried to repair it and mixed up the wires. I ended up having to get an updated sensor, new connector and pins. Then go from the machine ecm to the senor and correctly pin each wire. Then clear codes and drive it and the buzzing went away, and the live data shows both tracks moving. I would suggest looking at the live data, and seeing if you are getting both track movement if not, verify the correct wiring. Hope this helps.

  22. #22D-Alaksa2024-08-27 10:39

    Awesome you guys! I have 8.9V power at the blue wire then .5 at the purple which is in spec from the testing procedures NIGE Posted in the thread. I then go test for 5 ohms or less at the signal wires at J2 and they are 3.9 ohms which are in spec. Then I test every other pin on J1 and J2 for greater than 5000 ohms. I do not have a scan tool with me to verify through live data if the speed sensors are reading anything if at all. At this point I feel good about ordering a new speed sensor for the left side.

  23. #23Nige2024-08-27 11:08

    Try swapping the left & right speed sensors and see if the Diagnostic Code changes. That would confirm the sensor as the problem.