Hey I have a cat d6k dozer that I’m working on and I’m having an emission issue with it. The serial number is 00d6kvel700613 it derated the power and these 3 codes popped up in the dash 5856-9, E1132-2, and E1389-2. I went ahead and replaced the def manifold on it because the gauge never read accurately and I was hoping it was the whole issue, which it didn’t seem to be the problem Would anybody have a wiring diagram for this machine, and any suggestions of what I should be checking. Thank y’all for the help in advance
Required tests are in here HeavyEquipmentForums
Those codes point toward the DEF/aftertreatment system, so replacing the DEF header was a good start, especially if the level reading was inaccurate. Before replacing more parts, I'd check the wiring and connectors going to the DEF tank/header, NOx sensors, and ACM/aftertreatment module. Corrosion, damaged wires, and poor connections are pretty common causes of derate issues. Also make sure the new DEF header is communicating properly and that the DEF quality, level, and temperature readings look reasonable in Cat ET. Clearing the codes and seeing which ones return first can help narrow it down. A wiring diagram from the service manual would definitely help. If you have access to Cat ET, post the active codes and sensor readings and that may point you in the right direction.
I finally got cat to come out and look at the dozer last week. They replaced the def pump and fixed some wiring for the def pump relay. So it back up on running normally again, thank yall for the help