Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6k parking brake solenoid

D6kguy ยท 2016-03-19 13:14

Where can I find the parking solenoid on a cat d6k Ecm 681-5 All help will be greatly appreciated

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2016-03-19 13:41

    Does this help ..? It's the valve circled in red. Also if you give the tractor Serial Number I can probably come up with a procedure for Troubleshooting the CID 0681 FMI05 Diagnostic Code that you have.

  2. #2D6kguy2016-03-19 15:21

    That helps Thank you very much I have one ordered that should be here tomorrow I hope that fix it Serial # is c6e16831

  3. #3D6kguy2016-03-19 15:31

    I just tap on it and now it is working I have a new solenoid coming Monday so maybe that will fix it Thanks so much I would have never found it

  4. #4Nige2016-03-19 16:23

    The two valves on the manifold are identical so you can swap them for test purposes if you like. Part Number is 252-2237.

  5. #5D6kguy2016-03-19 16:31

    What does the other solenoid do?

  6. #6Nige2016-03-19 16:34

    It's listed as the "Hydrostatic Pressure Cutoff" Valve in the Parts Manual.

  7. #7truecountry2016-03-19 23:29

    If you tapped on it and it working its not solenoid its valves and trash clean it and look for metal scarring if no scars put it back together a solenoid is a electric magnet it works or it doesn't no tapping makes it work again ....simply put 24 volts to it and see if a wrench sticks to it ...theres a lil ball bearing in valve that if trash gets in it can make you tear all hair out take it out clean it