Hello all Have a question as to when you would trade off a d6k. We have one with 5300 hrs that needs tracks but other than that is in good shape and grades well with the gps. Looks to be around $20,000 to do rails and rollers. Boss wants to trade for a new one,so I guess I don't understand when to trade. Just courious as to what others have to say. Happy New Years.
I think it's a moving target that takes a crystal ball. if it's a main line machine and someone will give you good trade numbers it might make sense but then you have to consider new will be tier4
Ya that's why I like to keep it as I'm not a big fan of all the extra crap the government makes them put on.
Have you ever checked into aftermarket rails and rollers? You could save yourself quite a bit by replacing the undercarriage in house.
Maybe he is looking at warranties and such.
It has the system 1 undercarrige and no one makes them. Was told some you can convert back to hd rails but the d6k does not have that option. What kind of hours are the rest of you guys getting out of the 6.6 engine before rebuild?
Before spending big money on the undercarriage i would take a sample of all fluids , analyse and take a decision .